When you plan a long journey for your rabbit you want to make sure it will go as seamless as possible.
A few months ago I was relocating to the US with my two bunnies. Finnair was the only airline we found at that time which allowed rabbits in the cabin.
There was no documentation necessary for the rabbit at the border.
There are a few things to keep in mind though:
- make sure you only take dry food for the rabbit (we had hay and dry food and it was fine. Carrots & apples are off limits)
- you can take water for your rabbit and you will pass a security check in (stewardesses were very kind and were bringing fresh cold water during the flight)
- a journey can be long, but it will be harder for you than rabbits, they were perfectly fine even though our journey was around 24h long
- you can encounter some objections at the check-in as not everyone knows the rules for rabbits and can try to convince you that you will not be able to get on board with the rabbit. Don’t give up:)
For more cute bunny photos click here:
- 49 bunnies
- Bunny Rabbits rocking Christmas costumes
- 12 insta bunny accounts that will melt your heart
- How to take care of your rabbit
- Everything you need to know about rabbits
Let me know about your experiences traveling with bunnies.
Save this article for later: